Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Today and during the last class period I wrote a pitch to make my own plot clearer to me, and also did some research on the ISU (International Skating Union) to check if my plot was realistic. I looked into the scoring systems and past scores of champions, as well as normal local competition scores, as well as the kind of music picked for routines. Honestly, I really like my current top idea and it requires less world building since it takes place in a modern world, but there are still new problems. I feel like this would work better as a TV show or something since it has so many visual aspects, but it just means I'll have to work harder at using imagery. 

The "pitch" I wrote today will be uploaded in a blog post soon, though it isn't really a "pitch" as publishers and agents would refer to it as. It's like a blurb one usually finds on the back of books as a kind of summary that tries to hook readers, but mine is more for my benefit so there are spoilers and it's longer. Once I finish the pitch, I plan to create a more detailed outline before I begin actual work. I also plan to make a character sheet. The character sheet shouldn't be as long as the one I started out with since this story only has two main characters and the plot is less complicated. 

... I still don't have a title and that really bothers me. I learned last class period that title generators don't really work when you already have a plot in mind. It's much easier to create a plot to fit the title than to create a title to fit the story. I feel like all the good titles have already been taken. Honestly, out of all the terribly cliche titles I've suffered through, the only one I think is remotely acceptable is Requiem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment